Due to the fact we only had our very first parasite control/booster vaccination/education day yesterday, we didn’t really know what to expect today. We decided to start at 9 am, so we will probably be able to finish before 12? That’s what we thought, but oh boy – we were so wrong
This is what happened today (and we are so so thankful about it!):
– when we arrived a bit after 9, more than 30 dogs were already waiting for us
– we stopped working at 5 pm, meaning Dr Maya and the Have a Heart team as well as the Feed a Paw Project Team worked 8 hours straight without a break!!
– a whooping 229 dogs and 1 cat came to see Dr Maya today!!
– all of them received of course parasite treatment
– 50 of the dogs who have been sterilised with us during the last few years were due for and received follow up vaccination
– 4 dogs will have to go to the vet clinic tomorrow: one needs antibiotics for a wound, one dog needs to be checked for tick bite fever and two for a general check up as they didn’t look good and the owners were very worried (please consider a donation at the Swakop Vet Clinic towards the Feed a Paw Project account)
Overall we can’t stop being happy about the fact we have met so many caring dog and cat owners toady! Thank you so much to everyone who supports this work with a donation!!!